Last night I actually got to journal again. Since Li Li is out of our room at night, I can resume some of my nightly habits (I could have before, but didn’t manage to….). I sat down to journal and saw that my last entry was 9/9 – a few days before leaving for China. In it I asked the Lord for peace amidst the stress of preparing and going to China.
A lot has changed since then, and I want to praise the Lord here for all the prayers He has answered:
- He gave us our daughter!
- He brought us through the wait
- He took us safely to China and back
- He kept us healthy
- He provided funding for our adoption
- He allowed all the adoption processing to happen smoothly
- He softened Li Li’s heart toward me
- He has blessed us with supportive friends and family as we transition
The list could go on. A few months ago I was often is despair, pleading with the Lord to bring our daughter home. Now she is here.
Lord, I praise You for bringing hearing our prayers and for answering. I praise You for going ahead of us and preparing the way, for blessing our path and for giving us our daughter. I praise You for providing for our needs and for always being faithful. Thank you for helping Li Li love and accept us as her new family. We trust You to continue to help her attach to us, and to give us wisdom as we raise her.