Liliana is now two and a half years old. With my first child I would have been thankful to know the “terrible twos” were half way over, but now I’ve learned by experience that 3 is just as hard. So, maybe I’m a quarter way through the hard testing toddler years with her?
Li Li’s lip is healing well. We are massaging it a couple times a day at the doctor’s recommendation. She is not fond of it. She still has a good sized thickened area there.
Her English is coming along very well. We meet with a speech therapist weekly and are working on several sounds : especially F, Sh, G, and putting T at the end of a word. She talks a lot but there are still times we can’t understand her and need Koen to translate.
Li Li at 2.5:
- Enjoys coloring (very good at beautiful oval-like scribbles)
- Is Potty Trained! And doing a good job telling us when she needs to go.
- Can put underwear, pants, socks and most of her shoes on by herself.
- Wants to do everything her brother does and have everything he has (which causes lots of drama around here).
- Is loud! Especially when not getting her way.
- Likes to sing – especially “Jesus love is bubbling over.”
- Usually eats very slowly, unless it’s candy or something super yummy.
- Knows several of her colors (orange being her favorite at this point).
- Most common phrases: “I win!,” “Mine!,” “Nose” (commanding us to blow it as she is usually sick), “Ge Ge hit me” (Ge Ge is Koen), “Movie!” (begging for one), “No No ___!” (instead of I don’t want), “Bumpy” (meaning Grumpy), “Li Li choose!,” “Toot!” (so proud when she lets one loose),
- Enjoys reading books over and over.
- Likes to scoot around on her trike (without pedals).
- Doesn’t sleep enough (or at least that’s what her parents think).
- Stands in her chair and in the bath despite the rules.
- Tantrums by crying and stomping her feet and shaking her hands.
- Likes to read a couple books in her crib before falling asleep.
- Is usually very gentle and sweet to Luby, our kitty.
- Is a messy eater.
- Likes to watch the first 5-10 minutes of movies.
- Enjoys going to church.
- Is still very social.
- Likes to talk in a scary deep voice and make car noises like her brother.
- Really likes to swim and is pretty brave.
- Will hang from anything – the counter, the bars, a tree limb…. (future gymnast here!)
- Helps set the table and empty the dishwasher (just the silverware)