Sometimes it hits me – there are three. Three children to feed, teach, train, play with, snuggle, clean up after, read with, pray for, correct…. Sometimes I feel the weight of this responsibility cognitively, more than others. Each one of my three children holds a big piece of my heart – and the potential to break it.
Micah has an ear infection. In the last 2-3 weeks he has been sticking his finger in his ear more and more. When we were at the doctors office in earlier October they said his ears looked fine, but after some time we began to wonder. I took him in on Monday and sure enough, his left ear is infected. So, my poor little guy is on his third round of antibiotics in the 6 weeks he’s been with us. I don’t feel good about that.
Although it rained hard on Halloween, it didn’t deter the kids and us from having fun. We partied with some of our homeschooling friends, and trick-or-treated in their neighborhood (while Micah slept on my in the Ergo). When we were done trick-or-treating, the 12 kids present all dumped their goodies on the floor and worked on trading. Micah sat among them and played with the candy as if it were toys.
I’m finally fealing like we have a schedule! Although it’s changed a bit since daylight savings time (truly an evil invention), here it is (ish):
- -Wake up between 7 and 7:30, have a bottle
- -Eat breakfast
- -Play while the big kids do school with mom
- -Have a bottle and nap around 10:30
- -Each lunch when I wake up (on a good day around noon)
- -Have a bottle and nap around 2:30 (this nap still doesn’t always happen)
- -Eat dinner whenever Mama gets it ready (close to 6 ish)
- -Bath and bedtime routine start around 7
- -Have a bottle and go to sleep around 7:30
All that eating is paying off. He’s up to 16 lbs, 4 oz (gaining 1 lb in 3 weeks!), and he’s not waking in the night for a feed.